Lamb Shanks Roasted in Paper
One Ring Zero is working on new book/CD called The Recipe Project. For this album, they are asking their favorite chefs for recipes, which they then set to music and sing word for word. The musical styles of the songs have been suggested by the chef. Participants include Mario Batali, David Chang, Tom Collichio, Chris Cosentino, Mark Kurlansky, Andrea Reusing, Aaron Sanchez, and Michael Symon, among others.
Listen to the song: [Flash 9 is required to listen to audio.]
Lamb Shanks Roasted In Paper
Recipe courtesy Jenny Morris.
6 meaty lamb shanks
90 ml (6 T) olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
5 ml (1 t) paprika
250 ml (1 c) lemon juice
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
20 black peppercorns
fresh rosemary, thyme and parsley, chopped
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and marinate the lamb shanks for 24 hours.
2. Remove the lamb from marinade. Pat dry.
3. Place each shank on two layers of buttered greaseproof paper or aluminum foil.
4. Season with salt and top with herbs.
5. Wrap up tightly, tucking the ends under so they won't open during cooking.
6. Place the parcels in a well-greased baking dish.
7. Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
8. Bake the shanks for three hours. Don't add liquid and don't turn.
9. Serve on creamy, buttery garlic butter beans and honey-glazed gingered carrots.
BACK TO TOP